In order to register for any SLIG program, course, or event (including addition to a waiting list), you will be required to have a "UGA-SLIG Registration Account." You may set up this account any time prior to registering.
Only one account is required to register for any UGA or SLIG program. If your account is not working for any reason, please reach out to the registrar for assistance rather than creating another.
Link to UGA Membership: The registration system is separate from the UGA membership database. It is used only for program management and registration. To be eligible for a UGA membership discount, you must use the same email address used for your UGA membership account and your membership must be active at the time of registration. If you have registered with the same email as used for your UGA membership, the system will receive through an API your membership status and expiration date; it cannot access or modify any of your membership data.
- At the time you set up this account, you will be required to acknowledge that you agree to our privacy and code of conduct policies.
- You will also be required to provide information on dietary requirements and assistance requests, even if not applicable to the program which you will be attending. This information is stored for use across the registration platform.
- Badge name should include names only. Please do not include any postnominals or titles.
- Certificate name should include all postnominals and titles you wish to have printed on your certificate.
Historical Data: Once logged into your registration account, you have full access to all past and current registration information. You can also review and update current contact information, including badge name, certificate name, dietary and assistance requests. We ask each year that you review and update your account information to ensure it is current.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for persons with disabilities. When setting up your registration account, please provide detailed information about your requirements. Notification of specific needs must be received no later than three weeks prior to any program. A committee member may contact you for further details.
Invoices and confirmations of registration will be sent from the registration system or individually using email email@example.com. Other communication may be sent to you from within the system utilizing other addresses ending in @slig.ugagenealogy.org. Please ensure that your email client includes the SLIG extensions on your safe senders list. If you feel you are not receiving information in a timely manner, please check your junk mail folder and/or search for this extension to mark it as safe.
A discount is given for
The amount is unique to each program or course and may be found on the course description pages relative to the program. Discounts will be automatically applied by the system at the time of registration if your membership is current and utilizes the same email address as your UGA membership account. It is recommended any new accounts are set up at least one day prior to the opening of registration to ensure the systems sync. Retroactively established memberships are not eligible for discounts. Membership status may be checked on the registration home page once logged in.
Tuition or full invoice, whichever is higher, must be paid in full within 14 days of registration for a program. If registering within 14 days of, or after the cancellation deadline, the invoice must be paid immediately upon registration. Occasional reminder notices will be sent from the registration system. Invoices may also be accessed from the registration account home page when logged in.
Payments Accepted: UGA utilizes PayPal to facilitate credit card and bank draft payments. Checks payable to the Utah Genealogical Association are also accepted; checks should be mailed quickly to ensure receipt within the 14-day window of time. Payments by check will not be accepted after the cancellation deadline.
Failure to pay: Failure to pay tuition within 14 days of registration will result in cancellation of the registration and assessment of the $75 administrative fee. In the event of a renewed registration for the same program, the fee may be reduced to $25, but not waived. Any unpaid administrative fees will remain on account and must be paid before future registrations will be accepted and the account will be suspended from future registrations until this is reconciled.
SLIG reserves the right to refuse registration to any participant who refuses to comply with published registration, privacy, and code of conduct policies. Notification will be made and tuition managed in accordance with the published cancellation policy and deadlines.
SLIG cancellation policies are intended to protect the integrity of the programs and meet all financial commitments. We acknowledge that last-minute changes may occur due to illness or accident and encourage participants to consider purchasing travel insurance (to include the cost of tuition and lodging) if they feel they might be at risk of canceling after the cancellation deadline or after arrival.
- SLIG: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, November 30 prior to the event, will receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after that date; substitutions are not allowed. Registrants will receive a printed syllabus by mail after the program has ended.
- SLIG Academy for Professionals: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, December 15 prior to the event, will receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after that date; substitutions are not allowed. Registrants will receive the digital syllabus once the program has begun.
- SLIG Fall Virtual: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, August 15 prior to the event, will receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after that date; substitutions are not allowed. Registrants will receive the digital syllabus once the course has begun.
- Tech Day: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, December 30 prior to the event, will receive a refund less a $20 administrative fee. After that date, registrants will receive digital materials after the program has ended.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acknowledgment of this policy, and agreement to abide by it, will be required in order to register for any program.