In order to register for any SLIG program, course, or event (including the addition to a waiting list), you will be required to acknowledge that you agree to these policies at the time you set up a “SLIG Registration Account.”
This account is separate from any other UGA account you may have (membership, special interest groups, mailing lists, etc.) and will only be used for program registration and course management; lodging reservations are processed separately.
You may set up this account any time prior to registering; only one account is required to register for any SLIG program. Accounts set up for SLIG Virtual 2018 or SLIG/Academy 2019 remain active; you may access all past registration information and update current contact information by logging into the registration system.
You must use the email address connected to your UGA membership account in order to receive UGA member discounts.
You may access this account at any time to update your information and review or modify program selections or contact information.
Invoices, confirmations, and communication about registration will be sent from the registration system or individually using the email "email@example.com". Students should ensure that their email client includes this and other related SLIG extensions on their safe senders list.
The following discounts may apply:
- UGA Membership Discount: The amount of the discount is unique to each program and may be found on the course description pages relative to that program. Students should ensure that their UGA membership account is active, and that the email utilized for that membership is the same as the email utilized for their SLIG registration account, in order to receive a UGA membership discount with registration. It is recommended that this be completed no less than one day prior to registration to ensure time for the registration system to sync with UGA membership. Retroactively established memberships are not eligible for discounts. Membership status may be checked using the account menu on your SLIG registration home page.
- Dual-program Discount: Students attending both SLIG and the SLIG Academy for Professionals will receive a $50 dual-program discount. The discount will be applied during registration for the Academy, assuming a student has first registered for SLIG. It cannot be applied by the system in reverse order, although it may be added by the registrar at a later date in the event of an additional registration. Cancellation of either program will result in reversal of the applied discount.
Tuition or full invoice, whichever is higher, must be paid in full within 14 days of registration for a program. If registering within 14 days of the start of a program, the invoice must be paid immediately upon registration. Occasional reminder notices will be sent until the invoice is paid in full. Invoices may also be accessed from the registration account home page when logged in.
UGA utilizes PayPal to facilitate credit card and bank draft payments. Checks payable to the Utah Genealogical Association are also accepted; checks should be mailed quickly to ensure receipt within the 14-day window of time.
Failure to pay tuition within 14 days of registration will result in cancellation of the registration and assessment of the $75 administrative fee. In the event of a renewed registration for the same program, the fee may be reduced to $25. Any unpaid administrative fees will remain on account and must be paid before future registrations will be accepted.
SLIG reserves the right to refuse registration to any participant who refuses to comply with pubished registration or other policies. In that event, student will be notified of the action, and tuition paid will be refunded according to published policy and deadlines, less all applicable fees.
SLIG cancellation policies are intended to protect the integrity of the programs and meet all financial commitments. We acknowledge that last minute changes may occur due to illness or accident and encourage participants to consider purchasing travel insurance (to include the cost of tuition and lodging) if they feel they might be at risk of canceling after the cancellation deadline or after arrival.
- SLIG and SLIG Academy: Cancellations received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time, November 30, 2019, will receive a refund less a $75 administrative fee. Where cancellation in one program is pursuant to registration in another, the administrative fee may be reduced to $25. No refunds or program change credits will be issued for cancellations received after November 30, 2019; registrants will receive a printed syllabus by mail.
- SLIG Virtual programs: Cancellations received 30 days prior to the first meeting day of the event,
11:59 pm Mountain time, will receive a refund less a $50 administrative fee. After that date, registrants will receive an electronic syllabus by mail, but no refund will be issued.
- Other Events and Workshops: Cancellations received prior to December 20, 2019, will receive a refund less a $20 administrative fee. After that date, registrants will receive materials by mail, but no refund will be issued.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No exceptions can be made for late cancellation or early departure.
- Fees paid are not transferrable.
Acknowledgment of this policy, and agreement to abide by it, will be required in order to register for any program.